Every one makes their chilli differently so here’s mine!
Note – Serve with rice or plain nacho’s with melted cheese on top.
Dips – sweet chilli sauce mixed into Creme fresh.
I would suggest that you stay away from the powder flavoured nachos and go with the own brand type. Pick a decent farmhouse cheddar – one with a good bit of flavour!
- Serves: 4-6
- prepTime: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 30 minutes
- Total time: 40 minutes
- 800g minced beef ((will serve 4 large portions))
- 1 large onion (sliced the way you like)
- 1 large green pepper (diced ( large or small again up to you!))
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tin kidney beans
- 1 tin chick peas
- 1 cup sweetcorn (frozen is fine)
- 2 cubes beef oxo
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder (adjust to taste)
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes (adjust to taste)
- 1 splash water (make it to the constancy that you like)
- Optional – 2 heaped tablespoons savoury gravy
||Take large a pot / wok and fry onions off until soft and golden brown.
||Add mince and cook until brown.
||Add tomatoes, kidney beans, chick peas, green peppers, oxo cubes ,chilli powder, Chilli flakes, water, savoury gravy and sweet corn and stir.
||Bring to the boil and them simmer for 20 minutes.
||Boil the rice
Does your chopping board slide and move all over the work surface when you are chopping the vegetables or carving the Sunday roast?
There’s a simple solution:
Place a damp cloth such as a dish cloth underneath your chopping board. Hay presto! No more moving chopping board!
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Makes: 3 half pint jar
What you will need:
- 16 radishes
- 1 1/2 c. salted butter, at room temperature
- 1 tbs. chopped fresh marjoram
- 1 tbs. thinly sliced garlic greens (from the growing tops of the garlic in the garden)
- 2 tbs. chopped fennel fronds
- fresh cracked black pepper
What to do:
Puree the radishes in a food processor. Add in the butter and the fresh herbs and mix until everything is thoroughly combined. Season with fresh cracked black pepper to taste.
On this site you will find all our favourite recipes new and old.
We are currently in the process of creating this site so please bare with us until it is ready.